I meant to post five story suggestions each month here (I could post twenty or more, but five seemed good at the time) but I'm going to post five books this month instead. Some recent purchases and fine reads. If you've read them, I'm pleased to join the club, if not, please invest or visit your local library, if, like myself, you may not be able to invest at this time.
In no particular order of any kind:
* Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin
* Saints of Sanction County by Charles Dodd White
* Dear Everybody by Michael Kimball
* Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day by Ben Loory
* The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje
Harold Bloom can eat apparitions and choke (and be saved, I’m not that monster). The ghost of my grandfather showed up during rep...
Best Small Fictions 2017 Guest Editor Amy Hempel Series Editor Tara L. Masih Braddock Avenue Books (September, 2017) $13 (Braddock Av...
This is awkward. Anytime a person says the sentence I'm getting ready to say, it nearly always implies they mean the exact opposite. Bu...