Monday, February 15, 2010

Pour A Drink This Tall And This Late For Paul Silverman.

I want to start by saying I was stunned today by a discovery. It happens.

We made our 2010 Million Writers Award nominations at storySouth Sunday. Our noms were as follows:

1. "Hundred Dollar Hit" by Rusty Barnes

2. "Alone at the Top" by Drew Lackovic

3. "Help Me" by Paul Silverman.

Started today going about letting these fine writers know about the nom and was searching for contact information to reach Paul, as the old emails between us were lost in the website overhaul.

I'm just going to get to the point and say that I found out that Paul Silverman took his own life on August 10, 2009, about three months after we published his story in WT. The news just shook me to the ground. I'm still not sure what to think about it. The Boston Globe published a pages long story about Paul on August 18.

He was 69.

No comments:

Post a Comment

let's talk about it

My short story "I Am War, Mr. Tolstoy" published today

My short story " I Am War, Mr. Tolstoy " was published today on my author's page at Cowboy Jamboree Press.  I pull from some p...