Saturday, May 11, 2019

A few new words about my new novel Dysphoria, out now from Cowboy Jamboree Press

I'm woefully behind on making hay about my new novel, Dysphoria, from Cowboy Jamboree Press. I've mentioned it a lot on social media, but not here, at my home.

Please buy Dysphoria: An Appalachian Gothic @ Amazon

If posts and messages are to be trusted (and these are trustworthy people) a lot of people are buying and reading the book. That makes an author happy.

I really don't know how to keep talking about it at this point. I started the first chapter when I was 18 years old, moderating a fiction discussion group via America Online during my senior year of high school. The story that became the chapter that became the book was called "The Son" and it was the first time I had written with my dad in mind. Of course if you've read anything by me since I started having my writing published you'll see that the theme has pervaded for nearly three decades.

Another chance to please buy Dysphoria: An Appalachian Gothic @ Amazon

Dysphoria is the work in which I deal most heavily with my dad, exploring him, his mind, asking questions about what it would actually take to make a person like that a personal like that. That's most I've ever talked about the origins of this book. And the most I probably ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

let's talk about it

My short story "I Am War, Mr. Tolstoy" published today

My short story " I Am War, Mr. Tolstoy " was published today on my author's page at Cowboy Jamboree Press.  I pull from some p...