Saturday, March 30, 2019

Tried to move to Tumblr again and failed again. I think I'm actually here to stay.

Well, I tried to switch to Tumblr again. The reason is because the theme Atlantic looks so nice there and there's not an option here that even comes close to such coolness. But, once again I've realized Tumblr's limitations: no pages. That makes it hard to post links to my stories and my reading log.

So I'm back. A decade strong. I stripped the theme down here as plain as possible. Still, it's nothing nearly as minimalistically beautiful as that Atlantic theme.

So I'm about to finish a story I've been working on for a long time (at least for my output lately). It's taken about four months, and I've had the title for much longer than that. It's called "Psychic Mountains Ten Thousand Feet High" and I think I can finish it by tomorrow evening. I think. Things seemed to break loose for it after I got home this evening.

I spent the day helping my gal's dad repair his rental property. I've spent the last three weekends doing this and I'm about tapped out. We've stripped wallpaper, did mud work, primed, and painted every wall in the place. Tomorrow will be putting down carpet. And I'm killed. The place got destroyed by the last folks to rent the place, a bunch of pill head pieces of shit. They basically forced us to redo the entire interior. It's hard work, and made even harder when considering why we're having to do it. It's tough also because I help him on the weekends fix damage done by addicts and then start back on Monday mornings helping by counseling addicts at a clinic in a neighboring county. I'm going to let that thought go. Nothing good can come from me thinking about that dichotomy.

I want to buy around 3,000 books at the present moment. And I'm also beginning to panic at least three times a week when I consider the fact that I'm not going to be able to read those 3,000 books, which make up my Amazon wish list. Again, I've pushed myself into an emotional train wreck of a corner.

Okay, good thoughts, good thoughts, good thoughts. Whatever those are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

let's talk about it

I Asked Leah Hampton Some Chaos Questions

Leah Hampton, the chimera herself, "sat down" for a Chaos Questions interview with me at Hobart . She is also the self-espoused Ho...