Saturday, April 20, 2019

Old Dead Things

I'm spending the day reading about the trilobite. I mean really really reading about it. I'm writing a section of The Orchard Is Full of Sound over the next few days that deals heavily in trilobite history.

The section, one of three labeled Fictive Perspectives, will follow the last trilobite's final journey to its forever resting place. Paralleled will be Breece's first trip in the woods to search for one of the trilobite fossils, focusing on his idea of connections with the past and how "old dead things" provide his ideas of those connections.

It's a risk, which, for me, means it's officially worth trying. I'm tempted to say more about the section but I think I may have already said too much. But then it's just us talking, so I think it'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

let's talk about it

My short story "I Am War, Mr. Tolstoy" published today

My short story " I Am War, Mr. Tolstoy " was published today on my author's page at Cowboy Jamboree Press.  I pull from some p...