Monday, February 18, 2019

"Her Eulogy, Etc." is a beautiful homeless story of mine that found a beautiful home @ Vending Machine Press


Mike Lafontaine published a story of mine called "Her Eulogy, Etc." at Vending Machine Press this weekend. Mike has always supported my writing at VMP, and I'm so grateful he liked this story. So many other places turned it down...dozens and dozens, acutally.

Here's how the story starts:


    She saw the ghost of the old slave when she was sixteen. Ephemeral, a mustard-colored fog in his form. She figured him a ghost. There was no way knowing for sure that wasn’t wicked, like Tracy’s magic or taking up a ouija. She never considered the bourbon she drank or how she’d never see daylight again.”
    - from an Appalachian folktale, as told by Sister Hall

    I hope you go read this story. It's one I'm proud of and Mike liked enough to publish. In the indie lit, it's the most generous thing one can do for another.

    Again, here's a link to the story — HER EULOGY, ETC.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    let's talk about it

    My short story "I Am War, Mr. Tolstoy" published today

    My short story " I Am War, Mr. Tolstoy " was published today on my author's page at Cowboy Jamboree Press.  I pull from some p...