Wednesday, January 25, 2017

1982 - Revenge of the Creature in 3D

Oh my gob I remember this exact night, everything about it. The first nationally televised 3D movie Revenge of the Creature. I can't believe there's a post about it somewhere out there in the shining glitter. I was six years old. Me and my mom and everybody else along the back road in the town where I lived got together at our landlord's house. I remember that fucker's name. It was Thurman Johnson.

READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE

Everybody brought food - watermelon, corn on the cob, chicken. It was the first time I ever ate watermelon with salt. Something about this night has stayed with me as clearly as when it happened. That was thirty-four years ago. I'd give anything if it was tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

let's talk about it

Great Jones Street Left Me Speechless & JMWW Made My Day

It has been a really good writing week for me so far. It couldn't come at a better time as I'm about to go into surgery. My spirits...